Article provided by: Trauma and Beyond Center
As mental health issues go, depression is perhaps the most common today. In 2017, an estimated 17.3 million adults in the United States had at least one major depressive episode. This number represented 7.1% of all U.S adults at the time. But as overwhelming as the figures may seem, it only considers the number of reported cases, as many never get reported and diagnosed.
But perhaps, even more, shocking than the number of people living with depression is the figure for non-treatment of depression. About 60% of children and adolescents who suffer one form of depression get no treatment. Untreated depression leads to a host of medical conditions like insomnia, inflammation, and increased risk of heart disease, just to mention a few.
At Trauma & Beyond, we take the fight against depression quite seriously. And we’re widely regarded as the best Los Angeles depression treatment center. Below are a few reasons why.
- Comprehensive assessment before treatment: You can only get the best therapy for depression when you understand its root causes. At Trauma & Beyond, you undergo a full evaluation before you begin your treatment. This assessment includes your workplace environment, alcohol or chemical dependency, and behavioral addiction issues. It also includes your social and personal relationships, career goals and achievements, childhood issues, past trauma, and family life.
- An extensive list of treatment options: We have a wide range of treatment options for depression just for you. Some of these include Cognitive Behavior therapy, Equine therapy, the 12- Step Approach, EMDR, Expressive Arts Therapy, and many others. We also go a step further by offering teenage depression treatment therapy as well. The broad range of treatments we offer alone is enough reason for why we’re called the ideal Los Angeles depression treatment center.
- A healthy environment for your recovery: Our depression rehab in LA is located in the most serene, healthy environment you would find in the state. Special provisions are made for phobias like claustrophobia, agoraphobia, social phobias, and common allergies. With the stress and demands of your daily life absent, you would find the peace that you seek at our center.
- First-rate professionals: As the leading Los Angeles depression treatment center, we retain the finest professionals in the city. In addition to their qualifications, our staff is highly empathetic and understanding. They treat each case as a blank slate — free from any unconscious bias, which may affect your treatment.
- Collaboration with family and friends: Most times, depression is misunderstood by family and friends. They fail to understand your pain and alienate you further. To correct this, our staff will work with your family and friends to gain unique insights into the best ways to help you.
To Sum Up
Being diagnosed with depression is a life-changing event. Lucky for you, you don’t have to live with it. At Trauma & Beyond, we promise to walk and fight with you every step of the way.
So take that step today! Contact Trauma & Beyond to speak with an addiction treatment specialist or to verify your insurance: 818-651-0725. We will be there to answer.